Spring is soothing, fragrant and cool…or is it warm? The afternoons definitely are. But the mornings and evenings still get kind of chilly so you can’t decide whether you’re hot or cold. One minute you’re craving hot chocolate and the next minute ice cream.
One must be careful though, this transition period of early March is when the body’s immunity is at it’s weakest and you’re prone to colds and infections. So it’s better that we include lots of healthy options in our diet.
The Market is still flooded with lots of winters veggies. Just yesterday I prepared a soup that is ideal for literally any meal and is super filling (not to mention absolutely delicious) and may be served hot or cold.
A bowl of soup is full of vitamins, minerals and protein and is great for weight loss. This beetroot and carrot delicacy will for sure leave you wanting more.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 150 gms Beetroot
- 50 gms red carrot
- 100 gms chopped button mushrooms
- 50 gms groundnut
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 sprig mint
- Ground black pepper
- Cream for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- Dice the beet and carrots and roast it at 100°C for 5 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and grind it with 2 cups of water and make a smooth puree .
- Pour butter in a pan and sauté onion and garlic. Then add chopped mushrooms and sauté it for about 2 minutes. Add the skinned groundnuts and turn off the stove.
- Heat the puree in a separate pan. You can dilute it according to your choice.
- Garnish the soup with sauteéd vegetables and cream.