Being someone who hates wastage of food, leftovers are one big headache for me, especially when they are of dishes my children are not fond of ( read dal and rice) because then there’s no one to help me finish it off. So, I usually end up making a variety of other dishes from these leftovers like kheer from rice, dal kachoris using the leftover dal etc. And they are quite good (if I may say so myself!). So today, I’m sharing the recipe for kheer made from leftover rice…
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups leftover cooked rice
- 4 cups full cream milk
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup mawa or khoya
- 1/2 tbsp raisins
- 14-16 nos slivered almonds
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- Coarsely grind the rice with some milk.
- Boil the milk in a heavy bottom pot and add the rice and sugar and continuously stir it.
- When mixture thickens, add khoya and nuts. Cook it on low flame.
- Garnish with almonds and serve hot or cold according to your choice.