Sunday is the day to laze around; waking up late in the morning, having that elaborate Sunday brunch, spending time with family, taking long naps… Sundays don’t really have a set pattern.
And unannounced guests on such days can be rather irksome! More so when we are out of snacks to serve.
In Indian households serving sweets to guest is almost mandatory. And we lndians love our vast varieties of sweets. This recipe is a product of one such fateful incident!!
It is a quick, instant recipe for making fresh, nutritious and delicious gooey laddoos for your guests or to satisfy your sweet cravings…
Serves: 8 ( 2 each)
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 400 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 1 grated tender coconut
- 100 gms milk powder
- 50 gms grated copra (dessicated coconut)
- 1 tbsp desi ghee
- Take one whole coconut and drain water from it and grate it or grind it in an electric grinder.
- Heat a non-stick pan, pour ghee and saute the grated coconut until the moisture from the coconut evaporates, add condensed milk and milk powder. Sauté for about 2-3 minutes and take the pot off the flame.
- Make balls or laddoos from the mixture and roll them in dessicated coconut shavings. Follow the same procedure to make the rest of the laddoos.