These muffins, partially based on the flavours of banana cake, have a surprise ingredient- quinoa. It adds a distinct crunchiness to your muffins.
Muffins are great for breakfast on-the-go or as a snack. Cranberries provide a perfect fruity punch and a delightful pop of colour as well as taste.
My children love muffins… Or any baked treat to be honest 😉. They devour them before they even get a chance to cool down😋.
I added quinoa, keeping in mind it’s numerous health benefits. A superfood, quinoa has a lovely nutty flavour and is power packed with proteins.
Although these are not as light and delectable as your typical muffin, what it lacks in taste (slightly!), it makes up for in the health department 😊.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup refined flour
- 1/2 cup quinoa (pre-soaked for 1hr and drained)
- 2-3 tbsp sugar
- 2tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 large ripened banana
- 1tsp baking powder
- A handful of cranberries
- Sieve the flour with baking powder.
- In a large bowl mix butter, sugar and eggs for one minute with an electric beater.
- Add flour, banana and quinoa and again beat for a minute.
- Add cranberries to the mixture.
- Pour the batter in muffin moulds and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the muffin tray from the oven and place it on the wire rack for cooling.
- Enjoy the muffins with milk or coffee. 😊
You can also follow me on Instagram!
My Instagram handle is: @noshable.in