Salads are all the rage these days.
It’s the latest fad. In order to look like their favourite celebrities people follow their beauty regimens, diets, workout schedules and what not!!
One can stay in good shape by eating a serving of salad. And you can be super inventive with salads.🥗🥗 There are unlimited choices regarding various ingredients one can use in salads.
One can use vegetables, fruits, greens, meats, lentils and dairy…the list is endless!!
Traditionally, salad has always been a side dish in Indian cuisines. Due to globalisation however, it is slowly gaining popularity in the Indian community as a main course or dish.
It is a great appetiser!!
Fruit salads make for a great dessert… You can serve it with honey, yoghurt, nuts or whipped cream.
Salads have infinite health benefits. They are full of tons of nutrients, antioxidants and fibres and they’re low in calories. They hydrate your body, keeping your body free of toxins and well maintained and give you that perfect radiant glow. 🙂
It is not heavy on the tummy. This does not mean they are not filling too. One can easily satisfy their random food cravings with salad. I mean, what could be healthier?!
This salad is super easy to make. It is full of fibre, proteins, minerals and vitamins and can eaten as a snack.
Salads are usually served at room temperature or chilled but this salad is best served warm…
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 100 gms green moong sprout
- A handful of Red amaranthus leaves
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 diced tomato
- 1 diced cucumber
- 2 green chillies chopped
- Few sprigs cilantro
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- A pinch of crushed Black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a pan and saute onions till they soften.
- Add amaranthus and sauté for about one to two minutes.
- Then, add sprouts and sauté for one more minute.
- Then turn off the stove. Add rest of the ingredients and squeeze lime juice over it. Now, garnish with cilantro and pomegranate seeds.
- Salad done…enjoy😃