Some of you wanted the recipe of the dish I posted a few days back. So here you go…😋
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 250 gms bitter gourd or bitter melon
- 100 gms chopped onion
- 7-8 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 inch ginger(chopped)
- 1/2 tsp fennel
- 1/2 tsp kalonji or black seed
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp dry mango powder or amchoor
- One sprig chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt as per taste
- Scrape the outer surface of karela. Make a slit and scoop out the inner portion of gourd and chopped it. Collect the scraped material and inner pulp, seeds and apply some salt over it and keep aside for atleast 1/2 an hour. Then squeeze it to remove the bitterness of gourd.
- Saute onion in a separate pan with 1 tbsp oil.
- Then add ginger, garlic, fennel, kalongi and coriander pwd, turmeric pwd chilly powder and the pulp and saute well. Cover the lid of the pan and cook for 5-7 min on low flame
- Add dried mango pwd, salt and cilantro and mix well. Then turn off the stove.
- When mixture cools, divide into equal portions and fill it inside the cavity of the gourd.
- Take a non-stick pot and heat the rest the oil. Place all the stuffed karelas into the pot. Cover the pot with the lid.
- Once the karela is done on one side flip it and cook it on low flame till it done.
- Serve it with roti or your choice of bread with salad. Enjoy😊