It’s raining… this elixir of life in form of droplets pour from heaven and the dry earth imbibes every drop.
Monsoon often gives rise to cravings for fried items like pakoras and tea.
During monsoon, back in my mother’s place, the vendors and halwais focus on making a delicacy- ‘Anarsa‘. Which sell like a hot cakes; they’re that popular rainy season.
I was obsessed with these sweet,hot, crunchy, munchy balls.
Another sweet treat to gorge on during monsoon is… freshly baked cakes!😋
So,to satisfy everyone’s hunger pangs- some onion pakoras and tea for me and my husband and chocolate walnut cake for my children.
Serves : 5
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 25 -30 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 150 grams dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1&1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 50 grams walnut
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Sieve the flour, using a strainer, with baking powder for even mixing.
- Whisk the butter and eggs with an electric hand mixer for around two minutes.
- Add chocolate (melted on double boiler) and flour and whisk again.
- Add honey and mix for two minutes.
- Add walnuts (tossed in dry flour) and fold the mixture with the help of a spatula or spoon.
- Grease the baking dish with butter and dust some flour over it.
- Pour the batter into a baking dish and bake in a preheated oven at 180°centigrade for 25-30 minutes.
- Drizzle some liquid chocolate or sauce over 🍰 cake and enjoy.