Who doesn’t love pasta??
Earlier, I used to make pasta with sauteed capsicum, onions and tomatoes or in white sauce (which has refined flour. super unhealthy.).
When I visited Italy I came across and got to experience a wide variety of pasta. Pasta with all types of vegetables and meats; in different types of sauces and pesto; in various flavours and forms. This completely changed my opinion of pasta because back in India the pasta choices are pretty limited and following the same old recipes had gotten really boring.
The great thing about pasta is you can experiment so much with it! One of my personal favorites is – Pasta in Yellow Sauce i.e. in a puree of yellow vegetables.
A major advantage of making pasta in vegetable purees is that children (who absolutely refuse to eat their veggies) love to eat it. As long as they don’t see the vegetables in their natural form on their plates, they’re happy. 😉😂
In this recipe, I used yellow bell peppers, pumpkin and charoli to make the sauce. This is so healthy and nutritious as well as colourful and appetizing.
Serves : 4
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Cooking time :20 minutes
- 300 gms farfalle or penne
- 100 gms peeled yellow pumpkin
- 12-14 garlic cloves
- 50 gms Chiraunji or charoli or pine nuts
- 20 gms cheese
- 15 gms black peppercorns
- Few basil leaves
- 2 tbsp extravirgin olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Boil the pasta with salt and drain the water using a strainer. Pour cold water over pasta to avoid clumping.
- Roast the bell pepper and when it cools down remove it’s skin.
- Cut the pepper into pieces and remove the seeds completely.
- Blanch the pumpkin pieces.
- Make the puree of bell pepper, pumpkin and all the above ingredients except oil,olives and onions.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan or wok and saute onion in it. When onions become soft, add puree into it and saute well.
- After 5 minutes, add pasta and chopped olives and mix well.
- Before serving, garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese and serve hot.
- Enjoy 😀