I may be a little biased of course, but my mother is literally the BEST cook in the world. She always cooks healthy, delicious and wholesome food.
Though being extremely choosy herself, she always prioritised her children’s preferences rather than her own. And whatever her personal opinions were regarding a certain dish, it never reflected in her cooking. You’d never know whether she personally liked the dish or not, from its taste- ALL her dishes were finger licking good.
There were delicious curries, stews,parathas,halwas everything! When we were sick, my mum made us hot soups and teas; when we were hungry between meals, she baked us cakes and biscuits; and when we had been good, she would treat us with various home-made jams, jellies and toffees.
She always put in SO much effort to serve us the tastiest and the healthiest food she could.
Back in my childhood, neither dining out nor street food was very popular. But my mother always provided us with whatever we wanted right at home.
One of my favourite childhood dishes is chicken curry with parti parathas and this mother’s day I would like to dedicate this recipe to my mother ❤️. Thank you mum for teaching us good morals, good values…and good cooking skills (😉). You’re the best!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 kg chicken
- 1&1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh tomato puree
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1tbsp curd
- 1 tsp corriander powder
- 3 tbsp Oil/ghee
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and saute onions.
- Add chicken and cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Then add ginger-garlic paste and coriander powder and sautee it well.
- Now add tomato puree, red chilli powder, garam masala, curd and salt.
- When oil/ghee starts separating from the masala,add water to the pot and cover it with the lid.
- After five minutes, when chicken becomes tender, simmer the pot and after 3-4 minutes take the pot off the flame.
- Garnish with onion rings and green chillies.
- Serve it with parti (layered) parathe.
- Take two cups of whole wheat flour. Make dough with the help of lukewarm water.
- Make rotis and apply some ghee on them.
- Fold the roti, then roll it again and make the paratha using ghee.
- Enjoy 🙂
This line from a bollywood song is dedicated to all lovely mother’s…..
Ke ye Jo duniya hai ke van hai kaanto ka tu phulwari hai o Maa o maa…!