My husband is very fond of seafood. He likes fish in every form-fried, baked, sautéed, steamed… raw (haha😉). So, I’m constantly on the lookout for new varieties of fishes, exploring different flavors and tastes. But unfortunately, my choices here are very limited.
Last week when we visited his friend’s farmhouse, he suggested a fish- pangasius (catfish). It is easily available in Lucknow these days and is quite popular. Earlier, the fish was imported, frozen, from Andhra Pradesh but now it is cultivated extensively in a nearby district. And what’s better than fresh fish, right?
Catfish is a healthy choice for people who pay special attention to their diet. It has 76% protein and about 24% good fat.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Fish filet-1/2 kg
- Spinach leaves-100 gm
- Tomato-150 gm
- 2-3 green chillies
- 2-3 red chillies (optional)
- 7-8 garlic cloves
- Ginger-15 gm
- 20-22 Pepper corns
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Make fine paste of above ingredients and marinate the fish for about one hour.
- Take a non stick pot, pour olive oil into it and add the filet.
- After 2 minutes, add tomatoes and spinach and sprinkle the salt.
- Cover the pot and cook it for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip the fish over to the other side. Cook it for another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.
- Enjoy 🙂
( Don’t overcook the fish otherwise it’s juiciness will be lost!)